Diatomaceous earth is fossilized remains of aquatic organisms called diatoms. Their skeletons are made
of silica. Over the centuries, these accumulated in the sediment of rivers, streams, lakes, and oceans.
Today, silica deposits are mined from these areas.
Silica is very common in nature and makes up approximately one quarter of the earth’s crust by weight.
Various forms of silica include sand, emerald, quartz, feldspar, mica, clay, asbestos, and glass.

Diatomaceous earth is very abrasive to an insect’s exoskeleton, causing them to dry out and die.
Diatomaceous earth is used in a variety of settings, including indoor applications for controlling bed
bugs, fleas, cockroaches, and garden slugs. Fleas and some other insects have exoskeletons, which are
hard outer bodies or shells. When these insects touch diatomaceous earth, the sharp particles damage
their exoskeletons and cling to their bodies, absorbing the moisture from their bodies until they dry up
and perish.

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is a natural antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-parasitic.
It can be used internally (short term) or externally. Be sure you are buying certified organic FOOD

FOOD GRADE DE works like a natural detoxifying agent within the body, killing parasites and viruses that
can contribute to illnesses while also helping to clean the blood. It can be mixed with water – however, I
generally mix with applesauce the day before a hydrotherapy session. Do not use for more than 2 days if
taking internally. (as it will also pull with it any of your supplements)

Can you put diatomaceous earth on dogs or other animals?
Diatomaceous Earth has been used for decades to kill parasites, insects, larvae, and eggs when their
sharp edges pierce through and dehydrate these pests. Diatomaceous Earth is perfectly safe when used
on dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, and even humans

WARNING: NEVER breathe in DE
If breathed in, diatomaceous earth can irritate the nose and nasal passages. If an extremely large
amount is inhaled, people may cough and have shortness of breath. On skin, it can cause irritation and
dryness. Diatomaceous earth may also irritate the eyes, due to its abrasive nature.